Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Shift. . .

Well alot has happened this past week. I was really stressed out at work, and I caught myself thinking so many times, "I shouldn't be here, I should be at home with a newborn." When I thought the week couldn't get worse, my husband called to let me know he had been laid off from his job, indefinety. The call came about 2 hours before he was support to start his shift. Wow, everytime I think it can't get worse, something hits me out of blue. We will make it through, this and a tiny part of me is, in a weird way, happy that Will is in Heaven looking down on us, instead of starting out in an world that is falling apart.
Don't get me wrong, I still wish he was with us, I still wonder everyday what he would have looked like, what his personality would have been, all of the what if's. Even amongst the economoic turmoil, deep down I would still rather have my baby with me, even if it meant struggling a little more financially for awhile.

2 comments:

Erica said...

I am so sorry! It seems like everyone is losing their jobs. My husbands company just got sold, so who knows what will happen. This is the last thing you needed... But maybe God is trying to open a new door for you... My thoughts are with you.

Never forgetting Gregory said...

When it rains it pours. And it needs to stop raining on you! I'm sorry you are dealing with all of this and it is so hard to NOT think about what you should be doing with your baby right now. Hugs.